miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2009

letter

Dear Alice,
Sorry it’s taken me so long to write, but as you know I’ve been arranging the marriage of my brother. In fact, I finished last Saturday, so I’ m going to prepare myself to the fiestas patrias. Every september 18th my family celebrate the glory of army and the independence of our country. The history also known as the First Government Junta, was the organ established to rule Chile following the deposition of King Fernando VII by Napoleon Bonaparte. It was the earliest step in the Chilean struggle for independence, and anniversary of its establishment is celebrated as the national day of Chile.

Also, in Chile you can find a traditional place called “Fonda” it is very popular that you can go with your family or friends and you can eat typical food such as empanadas, anticuchos or drink “ chicha” made of apple or grapes, in the same place you can dance “cueca” or cumbia all night.

This celebration also have the parada militar, which takes place in the O’Higgins.park Many people are waiting to see them when the soldiers march and the airplanes fly. It`s great to seem them.

Anyway, this celebration is entertained and the most important that I can stay together with my family or some friends.
Well, that's all from me
All best,
Sole

1 comentario:

  1. Well done! You've completed the task including all the information and using appropriate style. Your description about the origin of the festival is very informative.

    This celebration also have the parada militar = This celebration also has a military parade

    ResponderEliminar